Author Archive: Game Spot
Hugo Domingues returns to Millennium Series
Hugo Domingues was a regular player at The Millennium events from the very beginning, last playing with Lisbon Benfica. In 2012 there was an incident which involved Hugo in a violent act against a referee. In a subsequent hearing Hugo was banned from EPBF & Millennium events for a substantial period. At the time Hugo accepted responsibility for his actions, apologised and understood why a ban was imposed.
Since then Hugo has continued to assist teams in his native Portugal and still has a great passion for our sport. There have been no similar actions at any other events that prompted his ban. Hugo has approached the Millennium with a desire to be able to once again compete in the best series in the world and to do so has offered a large financial penalty.
After much consideration and takin into account Hugo’s love of the sport, assurances of no future freak moments and bearing in mind Hugo’s many positive actions, the Millennium is prepared to suspend this ban & enable his return to the series. Rather than paying a huge sum we have agreed that Hugo will continue his good work with young teams in Portugal and will pay a fine of €500 which will be awarded to the winners of the first Millennium 3-man competition in Puget 2015.
Whereas The Millennium’s first priority is to ensure the safety of its customers & staff, we firmly believe that lessons have been learned with the ban already served and that Hugo has earned a chance to enjoy the Millennium whilst he’s still young enough to compete.
This is what Hugo Domingues had to say:
“SAUDADE it’s a typical Portuguese Word that you cannot translate to other languages, but it’s the most appropriate way to describe my life for the last 2 and a half years that I’ve been away from the Best Paintball League in the World… THE MILLENNIUM PAINTBALL SERIES.
The best way to translate SAUDADE to English words is, trying to explain when you are incomplete or missing something at the point of not feeling able to breathe properly from missing something so much… and I could be here trying to explain how hard these times have been to me for days, since I’ve been playing the Millennium Series from it’s Beginning and only missed like 2 events since the Series started (one I got Married and was on Honeymoon and the other one my son was born)…
It’s with great regret that I talk about the incident that I’ve been involved with the Referee, and would like to apologize to everyone involved and ask for your forgiveness.
I’ve always been involved in Paintball since I can remember even when we were all still in the woods Playing MEGA CAMPO, TOULOUSE, MAYHEM MASTERS, etc… I’ve been around for so long that I can’t remember (No I do remember every game every event cause paintball is my life and my passion).
And it’s with great joy that after talking with various Millennium Directors, I would like to say thank you all for the opportunity that the Millennium Board is giving me to come back and feel complete once more.
I won’t let you down you have my word on it.
Millennium Series 2015
New to Each Event:
•There will be at each Millennium event a field available where spectators will be able to give paintball a go. This field will also be used to run 3man competitions.
•Camping will be available at each event to help make playing top end tournament paintball much more affordable and help players with limited budgets.
•A huge amount of time and money will be spent in promoting our events to the outside Paintball world with the most professional web cast ever, an advertising agency and local promotions.
Rule Changes 2015:
•Paint: In order to make the game more interesting, appealing to mainstream audiences by making it easier to follow allowing spectators and TV audiences to watch games unfold in a much clearer way, only Lime green (Pantone 375c, 376c, 368c) and Bright orange (Pantone 1505c, 021c, 1585c) shell will be allowed.
•Open Division 3 (OD3) – Affordable Paintball. Available to any team which has not played a Millennium event in the last 2 years. Race to 2 format, played on Saturday and Sunday. Price €750 plus VAT, to include 10 boxes of paint.
•3-Man. Several formats including 50cal will be played at each event, on the open field. No ID Card required.
Roster Changes 2015:
In 2015 Team Rosters will only be locked in the top 3, locked divisions. Please pay attention to the new seasonal roster limits:
CPL – 10 (no change)
SPL1 – 10 (instead of 12)
SPL2 – 12 (instead of 14)
Event Roster for ALL teams will now be 9 players.
Unlimited roster for ALL unlocked divisions – OD1, OD2, OD3, 3man. This now allows players to SWITCH teams throughout the season, allowing further opportunities for players to attend more events.
N.B – Players can only change teams within the unlocked divisions (OD1, OD2, OD3, 3man)
ID Card prices remain the same as for 2015, but we will introduce a 1 Event card at €25 or €20 if you pre-register.
CPL prize money will now be allocated at the end of each event, based on the results from that event as follows:
1st Place – €5000
2nd Place – €3000
3rd Place – €2000
Many people have contacted the Millennium over the last few days regarding some rules change on the other side of the Atlantic. We want to make clear that we will not be “semi auto only” as the Millennium believe this is an unenforceable rule and very open to abuse.
Regarding coaching, the rule stays the same as previous years. No communication is allowed by anyone (players, coaches, pit crew or any other person) from the designated pit-areas and fenced area near the netting from the spectator’s side, to the active field of play during any team points or matches. (Article 8.9.1).
However, we still encourage spectators to support their favourite team and we believe that the atmosphere from grandstands on the spectator’s side is very important for our sport.
Layouts will continue to be released 4 weeks prior to the event.
If the Millennium is today the best Paintball league in the world, it’s mainly because we have continuously tried to put on the best show possible, but also to be the fairest and most competitive series for teams. We believe that all rules should be applied to all divisions as we are all playing the same game.
Lets together make 2015 a true festival of Paintball, enjoyable for all, but with true and fair competition.
New Planet Eclipse Etek 5
The ETEK line has always stood for durability and reliability. Now in its 5th generation, the New ETEK5 holds true to those same basic principles.
It utilizes the finest materials wrapped up in a package that offers outstanding performance, class-leading ergonomics and an array of features that make it a formidable proposition at its price point.
It pushes the boundaries of what has come to be expected from a mid-range marker.
The ETEK5 has achieved this by using the trickle-down effect of features and ergonomics from its class-leading high-end siblings. For example, the ETEK5 borrows its basic architecture and form from the incredible EGO LV1.
Its integrated LPR assembly and SL4 inline regulator ensure the ETEK5 operates with exceptional consistency whilst employing an extended pitch between the foregrip and gripframe, providing the most stable and comfortable shooting platform possible.
The all-new dual-density wrap-around grips and foregrips not only look the business, but also use our latest stippled inserts to give the user a higher level of grip and control, regardless of playing conditions.
The ETEK5 points accurately and naturally whether snap-shooting or running and gunning. Internally, the ETEK5 now incorporates Zick3 technology which introduces a true 2-stage acceleration profile.
This provides a very gentle initial acceleration to the bolt and ball which then increases during the 2nd stage of the bolt stroke to enable super-fast rates of fire. It enables the ETEK5 to be more gentle on paint whilst also reducing recoil.
On top of that, the ETEK5 operates at much lower pressures compared to previous ETEK models. The much larger valve chamber combines with the high-flow valve and new soft-tip Cure5 bolt to deliver an HPR operating pressure of around 150psi and an LPR pressure of 85psi.
The result is a quieter, smoother shot as well as having the added benefit of being more gentle on paint both in the breech and in the barrel.
New Empire Axe Pro
New Empire Axe Pro
“The all-new Axe Pro is a battle-hardened axe designed for warfare.
The mad genius of Empire’s R&D team took a great marker and tweaked, refined and re-designed it to create the original Axe’s new badass big brother.
The improved ergonomics makes it feel better in your hand and the Redline OLED board gives the Axe Pro a bigger brain.
It is easier to maintain due to the updated bolt removal system, accessible Eyes and a reduction of screw sizes that require only 2 hex wrenches for adjustment.
The Axe Pro also includes upgrades like: improved waterproofing, compact-relay ASA, new trigger & trigger guard, better clamping feedneck and accurate two-piece Driver XX barrel.
Axe PRO… need we say more!?!
– Full feature Redline OLED board with joystick navigation
– Now only 2 hex wrenches needed for all screws on the Axe Pro
– Improved ergonomics in Grip Frame and Foregrip
– Re-designed Grip frame has deep angled comfort design
– Improved weather-proofing including waterproof gasket around battery door
– More robust foregrip mounting design
– Simpler push-button in-line bolt removal system
– New smaller, more compact Relay ASA
– Improved ASA attachment, no more set screws
– Polished two piece barrel with standard Bore size .688 improved accuracy & efficiency
– 7.5” Control bore and spiral porting for excellent ball on ball accuracy that is cross compatible with Pipe barrel backs
– New trigger design with modular trigger guard
– Trigger pin removed in favor of screw for easier Trigger maintenance
– Externally serviceable Eyes, no longer requiring marker dis-assembly for Eye maintenance
– Double Eye system that is easy to clean
– Rubber nub-style ball detents
– Tool-less clamping feedneck
– Integrated internal air channel”
Dye Rotor 2015 – New Look! New Style!
New Look! New Style!
New Empire Vanquish™
“Two years ago Empire Paintball introduced the Vanquish.
It was renowned for its performance and cutting edge features like on-board pressure sensors & single tool maintenance.
At Empire we are never satisfied and are constantly working in the background to make our amazing products even greater. The next-generation Vanquish has arrived.
Empire’s crown jewel is the epitome of luxury. The new vanquish sports re-designed body that hides hardware, offers a sculpted more refined look and incorporates a slick push button bolt removal design. We didn’t stop there; it also has a new snappier trigger, more reliable Eye system, a high-tech battery connection between Frame and Body, and a new barrel with 7.5-inch control bores.
We think it is the best paintball marker available, put one in your hands and you’ll think that too.”
– Improved engine pressure balanced airflow creates an even softer shot with less kick
– New 2-piece Driver XX barrel with 7.5” control bore in four barrel back sizes (.682, .685, .688, .691) Quiet and accurate.
– New sculpted refined body design with a cleaner look that hides the screw hardware
– Improved push button Bolt removal and hinged Frame for ultra quick maintenance
– Includes Vanquish 1.5 Bolt, Rod/Spring and Ball Detent upgrades
– More reliable double Eye breech sensor system that is also easier to clean
– New improved design of the 4-way Adjustable Dual-Bearing Trigger
– Wireless battery connection between Grip Frame and Body
– Improved 2.7KHz Beeper to provide audio feedback
– Switch to Micro USB port for PC connection
– Pressure balanced Spool Valve firing engine
– Precision pressure sensor for onscreen pressure readout- No external gauge needed
– All adjustments and maintenance require only the 3/32” Hex wrench
– Rubber tipped spring assisted Bolt is soft on paint
– Widescreen OLED display with super bright 2000:1 contrast ratio is standard on the vanquish
– 5-way Joystick navigation control
– Nano-watt XLP flash micro-controller performing up to 16 MIPS (million instructions per second) provides highly accurate timing while not eating your battery
– “Slick Assistant” Lubricant Monitoring System alerts you when you need to lube your marker
– Marker to PC enabled with no special accessories needed. Upgrade firmware, change settings, and make custom boot screens with the downloadable PC software
– RF Upgradeable for seamless marker to loader communication
– Interrupt based firmware gives an ultra responsive feel when firing. Virtually no lag time between trigger pull and response time
– Super intuitive menu system that makes changing settings quick and easy
– 3 customizable User Configurations to quickly and easily switch style of play in seconds
– Training Mode with beeper feedback for players to practice their Trigger Speed without need for air or paintballs
– User adjustable Anti-Bolt Stick settings makes First Shot Drop Off a thing of the past
– Preset Tournament Firing Modes to keep you legal at any major tournament deries
– Customizable ramping and full-auto modes to max out your marker’s performance
– Resettable Shot Counter
– Calculated Average ROF and Peak ROF achieved can be displayed on screen
Dye Marker DM Series 2015
The 2015 DM Series
Ironmen Bolt Standard.
Half An Inch Profile reduction.
No Rise Feedneck. New body styling and slimmed down version of the hyper 4 regulator sleeve.
Truly the choice of Champions.